Glass Message Board

Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests => Glass => Unresolved Glass Queries => Topic started by: Leni on February 09, 2006, 12:55:08 PM

Title: 'Edwardian' ?? Tumble-up
Post by: Leni on February 09, 2006, 12:55:08 PM
I just bought this hand-painted tumble-up for my guest bedroom. It claims to be Edwardian.  Anyone know if that's likely?  And where it might be from?
(No point in showing the base - it's just standard bottle style concentric circles)
It  has some water damage - as you might expect with this shape - it's very difficult to dry the inside!    :shock:  :roll:  But it is quite an interesting shape  :D

Mod: The images from this post have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts (,6522.0.html) for more.
Title: 'Edwardian' ?? Tumble-up
Post by: Anne E.B. on February 09, 2006, 05:24:36 PM
That's really pretty Leni :P  

I usually roll up a long piece of newspaper tightly, and insert it into awkward shape glass and leave it for a day or so.  It absorbs all of the moisture/condensation.  I use good quality kitchen roll in the same way if it is to hold drinks.  This absorbs much more quickly and I just turn the end around each time it becomes damp. :P