Glass Message Board

Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests => Glass Paperweights => Topic started by: pooleandpaperweights on June 22, 2012, 03:37:43 PM

Title: Chinese? ID please
Post by: pooleandpaperweights on June 22, 2012, 03:37:43 PM
ok so Im 80% sure this is chinese, could someone confirm?  It looks like old glass, few "bits" in it, and the canes look slightly more complex than the older chinese, so I risked 3 on it being the other 20% which was St Mande.....

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/pooleandpaperweights/2012-06-22130606.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/pooleandpaperweights/2012-06-22130621.jpg

cheers
Ian
Title: Re: Chinese? ID please
Post by: Lustrousstone on June 22, 2012, 04:23:12 PM
I would say Chinese, but that's only a guess
Title: Re: Chinese? ID please
Post by: Leni on June 22, 2012, 09:24:18 PM
Definitely Chinese, IMHO.  A couple of the canes look the same as this older Chinese weight of mine - specifically the white with pink centre and the acid green ones. 

Still a nice little weight, though  :)
Title: Re: Chinese? ID please
Post by: paperweights on June 22, 2012, 11:06:43 PM
Definitely 1930s Chinese.
Title: Re: Chinese? ID please
Post by: tropdevin on June 23, 2012, 08:51:40 PM
***

Hi Ian.

Have a look at the early Chinese paperweight images here  (http://www.pwts.co.uk/pages/Chinese%20older%20paperweights.htm). Very similar to yours.

Alan