Glass Discussion & Research. No ID requests here please. > British & Irish Glass

Glass wheelbarrows

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lustrousstone:
Thank you  :)

Bernard C:
Cheryl, Lea & Christine — Here's my list of antique English pressed "wheels":
* Burtles Tate Motor Car
* Davidson wheeled boat
* Greener chariot
* Greener wheelbarrow (2? sizes)
* Heppel coal truck (2 sizes)
* ??? small coal truck (I don't think that it is possible to be certain which of the two small coal trucks is the Heppel version, although both could be.)
Have I missed any?

Bernard C.  8)

mrs vulture:
Looks like this could be the start of yet another collection for me!!     ;D     cheryl

mrvaselineglass:
Bernard, you have inspired me to add to the 'wheeled' photo gallery, albeit, these are American.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3100/2545721621_eb7089c776_o.jpg

The maker is unknown on the big one.  The little one was made by Adams & Co., and is known in blue, clear, frosted clear, amber and canary/vaseline.  (I have the little ones in amber and vaseline).

measurements: 
Big wheelbarrow:
height 3 inches (9 cm)
width 5 5/8" (14.3 cm)
length (from front edge of wheel to back of handle): 9 1/2" (24.4 cm)

Adams little wheelbarrow:
height: 1 7/8"  (4.7 cm)
width: 2" (5 cm)
length (wheel to handle): 4" (10.2 cm)

wheels on both are pewter

The little one also came in a size comparable to the big one, but so far, has only been found in clear.

The last time I saw any of the little versions sold was at a Green Valley auction.  A blue and clear were sold as a pair and they went for (I think) about $250 US for the pair.  The blue version in that sale is the only one I have seen in that color.  I have seen 2 or 3 amber versions and maybe 5 or 6 clear versions.  They really are tough to find.

I only have heard of a total (among other collectors who have said they have one) of 3 vaseline glass versions on the little ones.  Mine is the only one that has surfaced on ebay (and that was 8 years ago) and it cost me $320. 

The large daisy and button wheelbarrow trades (in vaseline/canary) for $150-200.  Other colors a bit less. 

the style of the two feet, the pewter wheels, the undercarriage, etc, on both of them are strikingly similar.  IF the large one is ever found in a catalog, my guess it will also end up being made by Adams.  The one unusual feature about the daisy and button pattern is that the buttons have a daisy pattern on top of each button!

Dave Peterson
aka: Mr. Vaseline Glass

Bernard C:

--- Quote from: mrvaselineglass ---...   IF the large one is ever found in a catalog, my guess it will also end up being made by Adams.   ...
--- End quote ---

Dave — I see what you mean — same designer and mouldmaker.

... and wheels that go round is rather innovative, don't you think?   Is nothing sacred!   Whatever next — Andy Pandy and The Flowerpot Men without strings?   No, it could never happen.

Bernard C.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version