No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Slumped glass: Pettis Studio  (Read 8089 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Pettis Studio
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 04:01:23 PM »
David, I have some more info on this which I've not put onto the board as it has names/addresses/phone numbers in it. I'll email it to you so you can, if you want to, follow it up further.  I've also merged your new topic into my old one to keep all the info we have in one easy to follow place.  8)

Also see next reply for winding up data....
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Slumped glass: Pettis Studio
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 04:27:22 PM »
But when was Pettis dissolved? With this data, we then have a complete dateline of its glassware.

1988 David, according to the London Gazette - three notices as follows...

22 Jan 1988
In the Cheltenham County Court
No. 1 of 1988
In the Matter of PETTIS STUDIO GLASS LIMITED
and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986
A Petition to wind up the above-named Company of Pettis Studio Glass Limited presented on 5th January 1988 by Transfers (Northleach) Limited of 5 West End Industrial Estate, Northleach, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire claiming to be a Creditor of the Company will be heard at Cheltenham County Court, at County Court Road, Cheltenham on 16th February 1988 at 1000 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).
Any person intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioner or its Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours on 15th February 1988.
The Petitioner's Solicitor is William Stannard & Davey, of 28 Imperial Square, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GLSO 1RH.
14th January 1988. (32

9 March 1988
In the Cheltenham County Court. No. 1 of 1988
In the Matter of PETTIS STUDIO GLASS LIMITED
and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986
A Petition to wind up the above-named Company of Pettis Studio Glass Limited, High Barn, West End, Northleach, Cheltenham, Glos. GL54 SHE presented on 5th January 1988 by Transfers (Northleach) Limited of Unit 5, West End Industrial Estate, Northleach, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, claiming to be a Creditor of the Company will be heard at Cheltenham County Court at County Court Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire on 22nd March 1988 at 10.00 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).
Any person intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioner or is Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 16.00 hours on 21st March 1988.
Willans Stannard & Davey of 28 Imperial Square, Cheltenham,
(729) Gloucestershire GL50 1RH.
2nd March 1988

11 April 1988
INSOLVENCY ACT 1986 AND THE COMPANIES ACT WINDING-UP ORDER
Name of Company—PETTIS STUDIO GLASS Limited. Address of Registered Office—High Barn, West End, Northleach, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Court—CHELTENHAM. No. of Matter—1 of 1988. Date of Winding-up Order—22nd March 1988. Date of Presentation of Petition—5th January 1988.

Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand