No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: WARNING P Ysart signature fake  (Read 4822 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
WARNING P Ysart signature fake
« on: May 13, 2004, 05:57:55 PM »
A piece of glass has turned up in a Charity shop in the UK with a forged P. Ysart signature. The glass is obviously unrelated to the Ysart's glassware but it could well have been a practice piece.

The signature in this case is a copy of those shown on the site at http://www.ysartglass.com/PaulYsart/PYover.htm except that it looks like it was done with an electric engraver.

PLEAE NOTE: Any signed Paul Ysart weight WILL come from a collector who was keen enough to travel to Wick and have the weight signed by him. No weights were signed for any other reason.

So - if you are offered a Paperweight with such a signature and no verifiable provenance treat it with extreme caution.

I am willing to consider putting on site details and image of all weights that were signed by Paul Ysart. However, before adding them I will need to check that the weights are genuine and that the provider is genuine. If making such a submission please give a full a history as possible - no personal details of the owner will be retained once a weight has been verified and added to the page. Optionally the weights provenance will be shown. e.g Holt collection, signed by P Ysart on visit to Wick June 1987. (Fictitious example Kevin)

Please give feedback in this forum if you think this would be useful or not. Also, do you think I should show the signatures with the weight?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand