No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Per Lutken / Holmegaard hankerchief vase  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Brum

• Members
Per Lutken / Holmegaard hankerchief vase
« on: April 10, 2007, 06:07:47 PM »
Could someone enlighten me as to whether these vases are Per Lutken/Holmegaard? There's been a few listed on eBay recently but I haven't been able to find anything about them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220098477013

I hope the link works!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Per Lutken / Holmegaard hankerchief vase
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »
Definitely not Holmegaard! JE Bang designed a loosely similar ashtray for Kastrup, but it was in clear-coloured glass with controlled bubbles (illustrated on page 143 of McConnell's '20th Century Glass'). Lutken handkerchief vases (called 'Laguna' and designed in 1985) look nothing like the auction ashtray. For a start they're massive lumps of glass, coming in between 30-60cm tall!

This is a Lutken 'Laguna': HERE

Edit: Forgot to say, the bowl in the auction is probably Chinese or Italian - not entirely sure on that one!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Brum

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 01:16:46 AM »
Lovely jubbly, thanks very much.

Offline eglass

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 05:00:08 PM »
Here in the States we have discount stores (TJ Maxx, Big Lots, et al) where the shelves are filled with these types of pieces, some of them VERY well done. I'm almost positive that most of the ones we see here are from Mexico, but a few are Chinese.

I dragged my husband with me for a 'tour' through a couple of these stores, just so he doesn't continue bringing home 'treasures' like this, thinking they are Holmegaard, Kosta, or the like. Our new rule is "if it's not signed, it's not coming home". Of course rules are always meant to be broken, lol, but it has definitely cut down in the amount of new glass showing up for me to identify.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »
Many lines have been typed on this board regarding TK Maxx in the UK too. If you like glass purely for its decorative value, then it's a great place!

RE: Signatures. I dragged home no less than 29 pieces of Holmegaard today - only one of which was signed (quite indistinctly).  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand