No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Schmetterling vases  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
Schmetterling vases
« on: April 18, 2007, 09:21:19 AM »
I'm very pleased with myself today!  ;D  At last I have my pink Schmetterling!  :pty:

Here she is on the high shelf of my conservatory, with her 'sisters'  :D
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10048/Three_Schmetterlings.jpg
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10048/normal_Pink_Schmetterling.jpg

Gosh!  It seems I've been waiting a long time for this day!  (I haven't really - I'm just very impatient!  ::) ;))
Many, many thanks to 'Black Poppy'   :hug:
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Sue C

• Members
Re: Schmetterling vases
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:21:21 AM »
Leni, they look wonderful like that, well done :) but arent you worried about strong sunlight?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
Re: Schmetterling vases
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:59:43 AM »
Leni, they look wonderful like that, well done :) but arent you worried about strong sunlight?
The shelf is partly shaded, and the position of the conservatory means that that particular shelf doesn't get direct sun in the hottest part of the day. Also, the conservatory glass is supposed to be made of that  special 'solar control' glass.  (I don't understand the technicalities, but it apparently cuts down UV / overheating in Summer and keeps heat in, in Winter! ??? )

But I do worry about temperature changes overnight, so I have a small oil-filled electric radiator in there which I turn on very low if I think it's going to be extra cold at night. 
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand