No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Brockwitz Lion Handle Bowl with Deutschland mark on the bottom  (Read 7916 times)

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
Re: Brockwitz Lion Handle Bowl with Deutschland mark on the bottom
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 03:55:43 PM »
Why are they so much rarer than the ubiquitous fish handled bowl?  Did Brockwitz make so many more of those? 
Hi Leni - thanks for your kind comment and also for this very good question. I've been thinking about it and my guess (only a guess) is that it's possible that the fish handled one was easier to make. I can imagine that the squirrel and lion handled ones may have had more breakage. There are more vulnerable sections of glass in those.

And also, for the same reason, it's possible that more fish handled ones have survived.

Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Re: Brockwitz Lion Handle Bowl with Deutschland mark on the bottom
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »
Can I ask between which years would the Deutschland mark be used as I have just bought a Walther Schmetterling with the mark on the base .

Thank Roy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand