No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Rasberry prunt bottle?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Rasberry prunt bottle?
« on: March 26, 2006, 07:48:31 PM »
The prunts on this are quite faint in some places. Each one has an obvious curved line in the centre as though somebody had stuck their finger nail into it. Though I think the lines are coming out over. I presume this is some sort of tooling mark much like those scorpion marks found on Murano glass clowns. These curved lines are also on the end of the handles.

I think some sort of tool has been used for the pontil. A little bit of ware to the base.

Any ideas of age, origin or maker?

Thanks.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Rasberry prunt bottle?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 08:57:28 PM »
Tiger  :D

The 'curved lines' as if someone had put their fingernail into the prunts is where cold shears have cut off that blob of glass.  The cold shears cool the glass quicker at the cut-off and leave that mark.  The 'scorpion' marks on Murano clowns are also the same thing.  It's not a mark of distinction or a company mark or anthing, purely a part of manufacture.

I don't know who made your groovy bottle...it looks kind of Spanish?  :?
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Rasberry prunt bottle?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 09:19:21 PM »
When my mother was little she used to dig up bottles. Once, she found a similar small vase with black glass and black leaves entwined around the vase. This was about 40 years ago so she's probably not certian on that.

The quality is not good, so either cheap modern glass or very old glass.  :(  :)

I've just noticed that the applied glass is actually sunk into the bottle, weird.  :o
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Re: Rasberry prunt bottle?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:09:55 AM »
Gordiola.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand