No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: J.I. Co label in Murano101 - new info  (Read 30580 times)

Offline Jurgen

• Members
Re: J.I. Co label in Murano101 - new info
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 12:29:13 PM »
Hello Venice 1...............I was thinking of how nice it would be if you could give us the name of the glass house you worked for all those years and possibly sharing some details of the company with us!? And I would tuely be interested in knowing where you fit in! Many thanks for sharing your inside information on J.I.Co. I am looking forward to seeing anything else of the J.I.Co. relationship that you might provide for us. Again, many, many thanks..................................Jerry

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »
Venice1:

Many thanks for that information. Mr. Blanco's daughter said that he lived in New York with a partner who supervised the factory.  Was that your impression? I don't know if you've had a chance to looks at the JI glass on this site: http://gallery.blancoglass.com/main.php  Were all those pieces made at the one factory, including paperweights? I agree with Jurgen it would be wonderful if you could give us more detail about the factory.

Thanks again,

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Venice1

• Members
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 01:42:28 AM »
Hi,
My position in the factory was supervisor of all exported merchandise. The owner of the factory started exporting with the J.I. Co. in the mid 1950's until the mid 1970's. The pieces that are on the blanco.glass.com/main.php were designed and fabricated by owner of the glass factory in Murano including the paperweights. The original factory is no longer in existance but the beautiful pieces that were fabricated there live on all over the world.

Mr. Blanco owned the export company that exported the glass from this factory  to the U.S., he was not the owner of the glass factory.

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »
Interesting information, thank you! We'd love to hear more. What was your boss's name, and what can you tell us about the factory?

Offline Bb7777777

• Members
    • Venetian glass
    • Brooklyn,ny
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2015, 04:32:36 AM »
My name is Bobby Blanco. I am Sylvia hamowy's brother and the son of Jack Blanco. My dad was the owner and sole designer for Jordan's importing company. Dad's nickname was Jordan. The factory was in Milan, Italy. Ive been to the factory and I was amazed of the artistic talent of the hand blower's. Most of their products wer under $3. Today those similar items sell fir upwards of $50-$100.
The union took over the factory in the early 70's and subsequently put J.I.C. Out of business.
I am the brother of Sylvia HAMOWY and the son of Jack a Blanco.
My dad was the owner and designer of Jordan's importing company. The factory was in Milan. The company was the largest Venetian glass importer in the USA. In the early 70's, a union took the factory over. Prices went up by tenfold and put them out of business. I've been to the factory in Milan and I was amazed at the artistic talent of the hand blower's.

Offline veebee

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass Clowns
    • Australia
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2023, 04:35:23 AM »
This post is a few years old, but I wonder if Bobby or Venice1 are still around, as I would love to learn more about JICo, especially the glass clowns.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2023, 09:10:30 PM »
Hello veebee and welcome to the board. I've just checked their profiles and neither Bobby nor Venice1 have logged into the board for a number of years, but your reply to this topic may alert them to new messages in it via the board's notifications settings. Fingers crossed!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand