Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Belgium and the Netherlands Glass

"Belge" mark in glass hen on nest covered dish

(1/14) > >>

SAS:
Dear Readers,
I haven't posted for quite some time since I was busy putting my book together. Since its publication in January, I have resumed my eternal research and study.
There is a Maker Unknown glass hen dish that has "Belge" impressed in both the top and the base. I have seen it in a pinkish opaque color and in clear glass.
Does anyone know what this mark, "Belge," refers to, or what company made glass using this mark? I am sure it is a European company.
Thank you very much for any insight you might be able to provide.
Shirley in Charleston, WV
author, Glass Hen on Nest Covered Dishes, 2007

Anne:
Doesn't "Belge" mean Belgium,  Shirley?

BTW why not add your book details to the book stickie on the board?
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,2066.0.html

SAS:
Dear Readers,
I assumed that "Belge" referred to Belgium, but I wanted to know what company used that mark. Also, if it was possible that Belgium was under the government of some other company at the time. Those of you who study European glass surely know what a tangle those companies had with borders shifting!!!

SAS:
Dear Readers,
I do not see how on earth to "post a stickie" - whatever that is - about the publication of my book. Please help an old lady out here.....
Thanks!

Anne:
Shirley as the stickie's been moved to Archive it needs to be added to by a Moderator. If you'd like to write a piece in a separate post below this one and I or one of the other mods will move it over for you.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version