Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Decanter - ID=Caithness

(1/3) > >>

Pat:
I like this shape. It has a faint ground pontil depression on the bottom. Colour looks smoky on the camera but more purplish in daylight.

Max:
Pat, that's a 'Morven' decanter by Domnhall O'Broin for Caithness.  I think this type of glassware will in increase in value, so it's worth holding onto IMHO...maybe you can find some matching glasses?  :D

Pat:
I bought this from a charity stall at a car boot this morning. The lady said we had the glasses last time but sold them. The purchaser did not want the decanter duh! Actually I thought it was better than Italian but expected it not to be. I am so glad. Thanks Max.

Pip:
Hi Pat, I have the same Morven decanter also - it's in the Peat colourway (same as yours) and, would you believe, I found the matching glasses at the same carboot the following week.  The only reason I haven't attempted to sell it yet is the weight - it'll cost a fortune to post  ::)

vidrioguapo:
Hi I think I have one of these tucked away somewhere, but the stopper just sits fairly loosely in the neck, in other words it is not a tight fit.  Is this how they were made? TIA Emmi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version