Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

Fazzoletto vases

<< < (3/8) > >>

svazzo:
I'd really like to see more photos posted on this topic, if anyone wants to contribute! Being that the Fazzoletto design is one of the classics, having a gallery like this to showcase them is excellent. I hope the topic doesn't get left behind :(

Javier

amoilvetro:
Hi all

Yes do post more pics - I am starting to download onto computer all fazzoletto pictures that I come across. It doesn't take too long to realise which are Venini (or at least mid-century Murano! lol)... a lot of sellers definately don't describe things well!

My fazzoletto arrived within a week (ex Germany) and wow it's so small, I didn't realise it. It has a very small partial Venini acid stamp. It's the two-line one I think, can't quite make out if it's 'Venini Murano' or 'Murano Venini'. You really have to tilt it at just the right angle AND have the light just so in order to make it out. It's so pretty too, not as fragile as I thought it would be (but I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune if it breaks!)

At the moment I have mine displayed on a table next to our living room floor-to-ceiling window which gets lots of sun. The colours won't fade I hope??

Cheers
Amanda.

amoilvetro:
ps. Oooh forgot to mention that I saw a corroso fazzoletto on a website (can't remember which one, there've been so many!) and all I can say is... I want I want I want! :)

Amanda.

David E:
Hi,

Just managed to pick up a fazzoletto – or at least I assume it could be classified as one?

:: Click Thumbnails to enlarge ::

:

The only reason I query this is due to the canes going around the vase, rather than vertically, although I notice Javier's 'Everton Mint' is similar in this respect. Nice stripes as well; a mixture of aventurine and red, with much finer black, green & pink interspersed.

Also has a label that I've listed on the Labels thread.

svazzo:
Hi DenCill,
I think it is considered a Fazzoletto vase, and about the decoration, well it doesnt matter, what makes it a "Fazzoletto" is the shape.
Javier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version