No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hadeland unique?  (Read 3804 times)

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
Hadeland unique?
« on: November 02, 2007, 03:18:19 PM »
Good afternoon all,
I found this vase amongst literally dozens of oths at the Lindshammar factory shop a few years ago. Well, tell the truth, my husband  :angel: found it, he noticed that the shade of purple was very different to all the others  :clap:

My question is two-fold; do you think it is unique and if so, how much do you think I should insure it for?  It appears in Steninge Slott's catalogue from 2002-03 as Carnival with a sales price of 2995 Swedish Kroner, about 220£
Have had a bother adding pictures, hope it works this time :)

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Hadeland unique?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 03:19:12 PM »
Dohh! It's the one to the right, 40- odd centimeters tall.

Offline alexander

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:08:04 PM »
It does say unikat=unique so I'd say yes, indeed unique. Lena Hansson has been a designer at HG from 1991.

I haven't seen much of this designer in the second hand market so no idea of what values are second hand.
Her Kairo series go for very little but that's a current production.

Her uniques at the Hadeland factory outlet run from around £300 upwards, altho I couldn't tell you
if they sell at a brisk pace or sit for eons waiting to be sold.

Last time I was there they still had signed Severin Brørby and Jutrem pieces in the artglass shop.
SB left Hadeland in 1984, Jutrem in 1999.

Steninge Slott is owned by the same group as Hadeland and they sell each other's glass at the factory outlets.
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:00:53 PM »
Thanks Alexander  :)
I know the Kairo production, it's a little similar to the Carnival. By the way, do you know if they are still making Carnival? Just curious, no intention of selling this, I like it too much!
I was a little surprised to find a unique in the factory shop but from what you say, this seems to be pretty normal. Won't get the insurance guy out to make a valuation  ;)

Last time I was there they still had signed Severin Brørby and Jutrem pieces in the artglass shop.
SB left Hadeland in 1984, Jutrem in 1999.

Maybe they trot out things every now and then, just like  Kosta does at Åfors Finstuga  :)

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 03:53:52 PM »
Hi:

Lindshammar Glasbruk was also owned by Duka for awhile. Was closed and I understand there were efforts by Rosens to purchase the glass works from Duka.
Do not know the results of this effort. Rumor has it they were not successful.

Bill Geary

Offline alexander

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 11:18:12 PM »
I don't know the Carnival range, not in the catalogue now.

Their website is at Hadeland-Glassverk.no - English pages
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 07:03:24 AM »
Lindshammar Glasbruk was also owned by Duka for awhile. Was closed and I understand there were efforts by Rosens to purchase the glass works from Duka.
Do not know the results of this effort. Rumor has it they were not successful.

hi Bill,
Just been to Lindshammar's website and there it says that the company was purchased by GC Holding of Norway which also owns Hadeland, Duka and Steninge Slott. So I guess the Rosen purchase didn't work..
(We were at Lindshammar this summer, it seems terribly rundown  :'( )

[

I know the Kairo production, it's a little similar to the Carnival.

I'm talking through my hat. Kairo doesn't look anything like Carnival, silly woman! :( Kairo was one of the company's best sellers; inexpensive, universal appeal, several sizes, a very good product.

I don't know the Carnival range, not in the catalogue now.
You're right Alexander, it's gone.  Not even continued at Linshammar or Steninge Slott. It wasn't really even a range, there were just three vases in differet colours  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand