No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Paul Ysart 3 dimensional paperweight with 2 snakes in it  (Read 1795 times)

Offline zirney123

• Members
Paul Ysart 3 dimensional paperweight with 2 snakes in it
« on: November 14, 2007, 03:03:02 AM »
Hi,  I was wondering if anybody could give me an estimate value of a mint condition 8.5cm wide 3 dimensional Paul Ysart paperweight with 2 snakes in it and it is on a beautiful green ground.  It has a good clean PY cane resting on the green ground.  No bubbles the glass appears clear not grey, or yellow.  Base is smooth with about a rough pontil in the center. 

Thanks,   Jeff

Offline cfosterk

• Members
Re: Paul Ysart 3 dimensional paperweight with 2 snakes in it
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 03:07:35 PM »
Rare, check out a similar thread on here. Values are very unscientific - it's worth what someone's prepared to pay. In essence there are a variety of values..

Probate - probably lowest value were item in the proceeds of an estate.
Auction - current 'wholesale' market value of item (although auctions are achieving 'retail' prices these days!)
Retail - cost that dealer would charge for a similar item were it available.
Insurance - cost of replacement and all associated costs in locating that item

If you're intending to sell, put it on ebay and it will find it's right level. Make sure you highlight it in the market place. If you're not intending to sell then the value is academic. Probably needs insuring (if that's what you have in mind) for £1500 or more - try finding a replacement!!!

Like I said it's not scientific....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand