No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: amber pressed glass goblet / comport id info needed  (Read 3600 times)

Offline fatlyfurry

• Members
amber pressed glass goblet / comport id info needed
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:08:38 AM »
please can anyone help me with this amber goblet , after browsing the net i think it may be American. but i am stumped, thanks in advance . heres hoping, debbie

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Sklounion

Re: amber pressed glass goblet / comport id info needed
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:31:16 PM »
Hi, This looks like "Barokki", by Erkkitapio Siirioinen (probably spelt it erroneously) in which case Riihimaen Lasi, Finland.
Regards,
Marcus

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline fatlyfurry

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 04:23:57 PM »
THANKS FOR THAT, I WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN IT WAS SCANDI. THERE ARE SOME SIMILAR ITEMS IN MY FIRE AND SEA BOOK, BUT I DIDNT THINK TO LOOK THERE. THANKS AGAIN DEBBIE
PS SORRY BOUT CAPS, CANT BE BOTHERED TO TYPE ALL AGAIN

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 06:12:50 PM »
Marcus is right and it was Della who once unveiled it here - have to look again to find the thread: Della, Ivo and many more were involved  :clap:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »
Hi Ivo,

I think that I have found your #2, lidded sugar. (Green non U)

http://www.old-items.com/Frameset.asp?sida=Glas.asp

Click on Riihimaen, page 2, 2nd item (shown in blue)

Riihimaen Lasi. Designed by Erkkitapio (E.T) Siiroinen
Model name: Barokki
Dimensions should be: H excl lid 5,3"/13,5 cm incl lid 8,3"/21 cm

unquote

this is mine: http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/tafelaufsaetze/04875.html

;D
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »
Thank you Marcus, it is nice to read through former threads!
There was another one Ivo requested id for in that thread - meanwhile we know, either Poland (Zabkowice) or Schreiber Neffen Wien or both, like so many other patterns  >:D
Not worth to start a new thread I guess, but if you wish, please split, dear Anne :angel:
Pamela

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand