No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: WAY more than I usually spend. Please tell me I did well! Dino Martens?  (Read 3098 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: WAY more than I usually spend. Please tell me I did well! Dino Martens?
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 12:10:57 AM »
I am going to have to spend more time shopping on eBay. There are so many bargains there. I got discouraged a while back because I received so many pieces with undescribed damage or were broken in the mail when packaged poorly. Your gorgeous swan dish has resurrected my interest.

I hope that your swan has a safe trip to your front door. I love the colors. I like the way that Martens put such zeal into his designs. He had a way of turning a simple piece of glass into a work of art. I wouldn't be able to part with the swan -- it is just too pretty.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 12:51:34 AM »
I got discouraged a while back because I received so many pieces with undescribed damage or were broken in the mail when packaged poorly.

Anita

Oh, I can unfortunately commiserate with you on that point! I think I've had maybe 5 Paypal disputes in as many months because of receiving damaged items. In each case, Paypal has found in my favor, but it's their policy that the buyer must return the item at his/her own expense. So you're out the return shipping costs, and nothing to show for it. Basically a waste of time and money.  >:( This is EXACTLY why I've created a separate ID for selling. I think I'm ready to give (and receive) my first negatives with my buying ID.
Shannon

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 03:07:18 AM »
Well, here it is, and in perfect condition! I was anxiously awaiting this one...

Shannon

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 01:06:46 PM »
 :mrgreen:

A face is worth a thousand words. Simply beautiful. You take good pictures.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 03:19:54 PM »
That is gorgeous and I would love to include it in the Zoo :-) We use big pictures there and need them on a white background. I can include a link to any website etc and you retain copyright.
Use the envelope on the left if you want to please.

(I tend not to ask a lot but, any animals or people shaped glass is welcome in the Zoo. We try to include with as many views as are needed to view the object. The low subscription is helping to fund my other free sites.)

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 05:35:13 PM »
Thanks Anita! I got a "photo studio in a box" for Christmas, and I've had a lot of fun trying to improve my photos!

Frank, I will try this on a white background and email some pics eventually! Really! I have some other pieces to include as well. When something has white in it, I tend to use a black or gray background, so I'll have to retake some of my photos for the zoo.

Shannon

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »
... any animals or people shaped glass is welcome in the Zoo.
Anything with legs (except chairs and tables), fins, or meat-covered appendages ;D
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »
That's a nice piece. It is not one of the Marten's more famous collections and therefore the value is not "crazy" (as for Orientes or Zanfirici), but 140 US$ are now less than 100 Euro! Absolutely a deal.
It looks also pretty well done and without defects.

Buy, buy, buy

Alex

www.artofvenice.com

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 07:14:44 PM »
Thank you, Alex, for your thoughts on value. This is probably the best piece I've ever had, and I hope to make similar purchases in the future! Look at this one that got away: http://tinyurl.com/2weuja
Shannon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand