No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Brown glass Javex Bottle -- Maybe Dominion Glass ??  (Read 49134 times)

Offline BeachGlassLove

• Members
Re: Brown glass Javex Bottle -- Maybe Dominion Glass ??
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 11:51:41 PM »
Hi Today while beach combing I found one of these Javex Bottles, I was wondering if you could help me identify the year and place it was made? Thanks

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 05:56:06 AM »
Hi Today while beach combing I found one of these Javex Bottles, I was wondering if you could help me identify the year and place it was made? Thanks

Hi and Welcome  :rah: :rah:

From what I know, this bottle is a Javex Bottle, that was made by DOMINION GLASS in Canada.  The *D* in the diamond shape is the trademark for them.  Not sure of the date, as I am learning too.  I note that yours does not have a dot at the bottom, and a different shaped box on the left.....

Where did you find this bottle?  Where was the Beach?  It is an older bottle....with the amber color. 

Thanks - look forward to hearing the rest of your bottle story !! :) :clap: 

Oh the mystery the Oceans can carry for glass......
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline BeachGlassLove

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 01:51:55 AM »
Hi,  I found it in Nova Scotia, on the shores of Baie Ste Maire near an old dump site. The number in the top of the trademark is a 1. No dot on the bottom... Any help is much appreciated!

Offline Sid

• Members
    • Canada
    • Glasfax
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 02:19:39 AM »
Hello

Based on Tom King's Glass in Canada, your bottle was made in July/August (the square to the left of the diamond) in either 1958 or 1968.  Without the dot that Rose refered to, we can't tell what factory made your bottle.

Sid

Offline BeachGlassLove

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Offline bcsanle

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Beach glass
    • Canada
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 09:55:53 PM »
Hi, I have a similar bottom of a Javex bottle but with different marking. On top it has the number 4, then the next line it says Javex, bottom of that it says Trade mark, then the next line it has on the left a square with 4 small square in it, in the middle it has a triangle with a C inside and on the right it has the number 1.   Can someone help to try to identify this one.  Sorry took a couple of pictures but the files but its telling me the file is too big.

TKS
Sandra

Offline Sid

• Members
    • Canada
    • Glasfax
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 01:42:14 AM »
Sandra

Your bottle was produced by Consumers Glass at their plant in Ville de Pierre, QC.

[Mod: Info about the month and year of manufacture has been removed on request of Sid, in light of revised detail - please see later posts about the "C in a triangle".]

Sid   

Offline bcsanle

• Members
    • Beach glass
    • Canada
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 02:01:16 AM »
HI,

Thanks for your answer.  So they still made glass Javex bottles in the 1970's??

Offline Sid

• Members
    • Canada
    • Glasfax
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 02:19:02 AM »
Sandra

Good question, I really don't know when Javex glass bottles were removed from the product line - Chlorox apparently converted to plastic in 1962. 

Is the triangle on your bottle pointing up or down?  I assumed up but if down, then it is earlier than 1962.  A photo would be very helpful.  If you search the main forum, you should be able to find instructions on file size limitations.

Sid

Offline bcsanle

• Members
    • Beach glass
    • Canada
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 12:47:47 AM »
Hi, Here is a pic! TKS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand