Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Canada

Brown glass Javex Bottle -- Maybe Dominion Glass ??

<< < (3/5) > >>

BeachGlassLove:
Hi Today while beach combing I found one of these Javex Bottles, I was wondering if you could help me identify the year and place it was made? Thanks

antiquerose123:

--- Quote from: BeachGlassLove on January 03, 2011, 11:51:41 PM ---Hi Today while beach combing I found one of these Javex Bottles, I was wondering if you could help me identify the year and place it was made? Thanks

--- End quote ---

Hi and Welcome  :rah: :rah:

From what I know, this bottle is a Javex Bottle, that was made by DOMINION GLASS in Canada.  The *D* in the diamond shape is the trademark for them.  Not sure of the date, as I am learning too.  I note that yours does not have a dot at the bottom, and a different shaped box on the left.....

Where did you find this bottle?  Where was the Beach?  It is an older bottle....with the amber color. 

Thanks - look forward to hearing the rest of your bottle story !! :) :clap: 

Oh the mystery the Oceans can carry for glass......

BeachGlassLove:
Hi,  I found it in Nova Scotia, on the shores of Baie Ste Maire near an old dump site. The number in the top of the trademark is a 1. No dot on the bottom... Any help is much appreciated!

Sid:
Hello

Based on Tom King's Glass in Canada, your bottle was made in July/August (the square to the left of the diamond) in either 1958 or 1968.  Without the dot that Rose refered to, we can't tell what factory made your bottle.

Sid

BeachGlassLove:
Thanks everyone!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version