No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pink Hanging baskets on thorny branches  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Pink Hanging baskets on thorny branches
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 12:34:12 PM »
I don't know, but perhaps early 20th century Victorian, if you see what I mean. A revamp of an old idea but still maybe 70 years old  :huh: :huh:, who knows

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline heartofglass

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 06:00:41 AM »
Sue,
they are utterly gorgeous. I do think they are the real deal.
Most Victorian fancy glass does tend to have lots of ingrained dirt & grime, but maybe these ones are so clean because they have been stored in a secure display cabinet for years, or had a particularly tidy previous owner.
Bernard,
I understand about the glassie cleaning products! I have a great array of brushes of all sizes, cleaning cloths, you name it.  ;D
They just look so authentic to me, the lovely colour is just right, the shape, everything.
Leni,
I've seen those repro epergnes about too. On Ebay fairly regularly in Australia, & also in several antiques shops here too! They are easy to spot, the colours are so wrong (horrible modern cobalt blues, bright greens, un-ruby-like reds, & worst of all, a hideous orange. The metal fittings are all new & shiny, too.

Marinka.
More glass than class!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »
The repro epergnes I've seen have been pretty, delicate colours, and the only way you can tell they are repros is, as you point out, the bright, new-looking metal parts!  However, I did see someone advertising them with a clear styatement that they were repros!  (Nice to see honest advertising on ebay!  ;) )

How thrilling if Sue's really ARE the genuine article!  In perfect condition, and spotlessly clean too!  :D
Congrats, Sue :hiclp:
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand