No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Paperweight Sea Horse,  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Paperweight Sea Horse,
« on: March 10, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »
Hi All
       Can any one tell me when this Paperweight Sea Horse was made, it is blue'y green with like a form of sea weed floating about in it, the base is signed but am having trouble reading it, i only picked it up after popping in my local charity shop by chance on the way home today, am not a collector of weight,s so dont realy know much about them,

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Paperweight Sea Horse,
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 05:40:28 PM »
The signature is Mdina. These are often seen on eBay ... but don't assume that "getting harder to find", as seen in some listings, means anything other than a sales pitch.

When taking closeup photos, set the camera to the "flower" icon (or equivalent) otherwise, with most digital cameras the minimum focus distance [around 2 feet, or 60cm] kicks in and the image will be blurred.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 05:54:27 PM »
Cheers
           Kev quick reply, am i right in saying sea horses are supposed to be lucky, and are they all signed Mdina? thats another paperweight i have to sort out when i move in about 2wks will have to stop buying them when im out and about, and thanks for the info on the camera, works better,
                                                                                                                                   steve

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »
Not all Mdina is signed, but the blue/green/yellow glass is a dead giveaway!

Ian

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 06:08:30 PM »
Cheers Ian
               thats about 9 i have now all mixed and in only a few days, dont know what i am going to do with them yet, but will have to get them sorted out when i move, just cant stop buying for some reason proberly because im new at this glass collecting and need to slow down a bit,
                                                                                                                                                                                      steve

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »
Good photo of the base and signature - well done with the flower icon.

The only thing I know about seahorses and luck is that it's the female which is lucky as the male takes all the eggs into his pouch is totally responsible for them until they grow up into big seahorses (if "big" can be used to describe a seahorse).
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand