Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

My Glass Artists List

<< < (2/4) > >>

m1asmithw8s:
James Lundberg

aa:
Do you just want people who made paperweights or all glass artists?

Anne:
Adam Aaronson
Adrian Sankey
Allister Malcolm
Alastair MacIntosh

glasstrufflehunter:
Janet Wolery, scratch signs her work J Wolery.
Ornamental Blown Glass, signs their work OBG.

Mike Morgan:

--- Quote from: aa on March 27, 2008, 11:09:39 PM ---Do you just want people who made paperweights or all glass artists?
--- End quote ---
Personally, I'm interested in paperweights, and my use of the list is to try finding leads in identifying signed/marked weights. That certainly doesn't preclude anyone from parsing this list into their larger list of general glass artists.

--- Quote from: Larry Thornhill on March 27, 2008, 04:49:56 PM ---Gee, didn't know I was famous! 

I consider myself a hobby artist and don't sell my glass very much.  However, you may have ended up with a marble or dichroic paperweight that I marketed several years ago.  I usually sign my work with an LT with the letters linked together (bottom leg of the "L" forms the top leg of the "T").  Hope that helps and you didn't end up with too cheesy a paperweight from me.
--- End quote ---
Larry, yup, you're famous! Maybe you'll get star treatment at restaurant and such. Unfortunately, I don't own something from everyone on the list. If only! These are names I've picked up from various online sites such as the left-column artists menu on the modern paperweights page at theglassgallery.com. Many marble artists, I think, made their way on the list 1) because the line between marble and paperweight is a little fuzzy sometimes, and 2) several paperweight artists I really (really, really) like, such as Josh Simpson and James Alloway are well-known -- or even better known -- as marble artists.

Incidentally and an incredible longshot -- the description of your mark doesn't match, but the initials could -- have you looked at my post titled something like "A Couple Interesting Weights"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version