No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Catalogues  (Read 89448 times)

Offline Gill

• Members
Re: Catalogues
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2008, 09:54:05 AM »
Fantastic Site Pamela :clap: thankyou so much.  Certainly plenty to look through there when I'm stumped on an ID.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2008, 12:27:23 PM »
I spent a long time looking last night and managed to ID three different bits of unknown, all Walther (Nora, Munster and Greta)  :clap:  :clap: Thank you Pamela. BTW your exhibition looks fabulous  :hiclp: :hiclp:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2008, 08:52:21 PM »
Brockwitz 1941 - their last catalogue and last year (as far as I know) now edited - please enjoy and happy hunting!  :chky:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »
... joining the chorus with all my heart !!!
thanks a million for your stunning site and
your most appreciated personal help!
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »
NEW and old at the same time  ;)
uploaded:

Lausitzer Glas  1969   78 S.
Ankerglas 1937/38 92 S.
Josephinenh. 1920 Artikel  8 S.
STS Abel 1936 177 S.
Krug & Mundt  183 S.

enjoy and happy hunting! Corresponding finds on MY pavillon pages highly appreciated - thank you!

S. = pages
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2008, 11:48:33 PM »
Wonderful Pamela, thank you.  :hiclp:

I especially enjoyed the Krug & Mundt one... this is a glassmaker I've never heard of before, yet the range of things they did it amazing.  What a superb range of steins, and I spotted rummers which my son will be interested in seeing as he collects them, and it's the first catalogue I've seen aquarien and fischgläser in too I think.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2008, 06:09:55 AM »
I haven't done that one yet, but I have looked at Ankerglas. What's a Ziehzunder (page 27 onwards)? I know its part of a smoker's set and has a cigar rest but I couldn't make sense of the top part. The funny little chop dishes amuse me and when I get to the uringlas, I know I'm nearly at the end  ;D

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2008, 08:57:38 AM »
A ziehzünder seems to be an obsolete way of dispensing safety matches - there's a photo here of the matches that would sit in the ziehzünder (I'm assuming the top part of the stand comes off so the matches can be secured):

http://www.zuendholzetiketten.de/

Edit: Actually - if you look carefully at the Ankerglas illustrations you can see a little frill of paper matches poking from under the stand's top section.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2008, 09:57:47 AM »
Thanks Nic, I kind of wondered about the frill, but my brain couldn't make sense of it although I'd translated zunder to tinder

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2008, 06:27:18 PM »
Anne: Krug & Mundt were wholesalers in Leipzig, obviously not only offered German glass but French at least too!

Christine and Nic: I take it that Ziehzünder is lighting a NON-safety-match; ziehen is draw. Draw an old-fashioned match (not Sweden's NOBEL safety matches, which led to Schweden-Halter like this: http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/misc/05722.html  the striking area is open) - across the textured rim...
Guess, we are too young for that, only the Italians had the last 'CERINI' - waxed matches that would strike nearly everywhere  ;D
Pamela

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand