No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Nice Glass Haul (today)  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Nice Glass Haul (today)
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:18:12 PM »
Evening Members
                       Thought i would share my glass haul from todays outing managed to get this little lot together in about an hour while i was out ordering the work tops for the bungalow kitchen.

Some nice pieces even if i say so my self, some quite identifiable straight away other's not so easy, so will post some in a jiff, Whitefriar's and i think some fratteli Toso here.
                                         cheers
                                              Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Re: Nice Glass Haul (today)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:18:16 PM »
The large bowl in the middle is an Indiana Glass salad bowl no.2895 c.1970s. (Not me being clever, but Glen kindly ID'ing mine some time back 8)) I use mine as a fruit bowl.  It looks stunning in sunlight (but doesn't do the fruit much good).
Anne E.B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 08:00:42 PM »
Hi Anne.
           Thanks for IDing the large iridescent fruit bowl as Indiana what kind of fruit would you say this is i think it is strawberry shape but Mrs S saying raspberry? also can any one tell why the under side looks like it is cracked or got loads of crease's.

This bowl shows purple red blue silver and of cause green, when you say Indiana  is that American carnival? have you noticed how the pattern shows though the bowl,
                                   Steve

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:20:22 PM »
It's a bunch of grapes, Steve! The item was called "Vintage" by Indiana and is a salad set (it came with a pair of plastic salad servers).

You can read more about Indiana here:
http://www.carnivalglass.org/newbies/08.asp

Glen

ps Anne, thanks for the memory  :)
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 08:36:45 PM »
Glen thank you very much i did say grapes to my wife honest i did at one point but the whole shape kept thowing me, managed to get another piece of carnival at the same time, which i already have but hey it's all good.
                                                                                                      Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand