No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: $20 million REPAIR job on Stained Glass windows............  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members
Re: $20 million REPAIR job on Stained Glass windows............
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 08:22:59 PM »
Hi, I have just had this image sent to me by Julie L. Sloan, LLC Consultants in Stained Glass . It is a better image of my Grandfather featured on a soon to be restored window and shows him holding a panel of stained glass .
 She is happy for her image to be shown here and if you look in the tracery you can see the initials J H .
Regards Patrick.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »
Intriguing! Is there another story to these windows?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 10:17:39 PM »
Patrick that is a superb window. Do you have a full list of all of the stained glass produced by your grandfather yet?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline krsilber

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 12:39:22 AM »
Patrick, that is so cool!  You must be so proud.  Did you know your grandfather well?  Did you know about this window? 

That's a fascinating article.  It's going to take them as long to restore the windows as it did to build the church.  What a project!
Kristi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

- Albert Einstein

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 08:02:07 PM »
Hi Anne and Kristi,
 I am going to contact Dennis Hadley who I think has a complete list of all his windows. When I have the list i will upload it somewhere with all details. It was after reading one of Dennis Hadley's articles that I discovered the Virtues and Vices windows. He is a mine of information but at the moment he is caring full time for his wife who is very ill.
Until Julie Sloane contacted me I had no idea about the self portrait and as you can imagine It was very exciting to see it. My Grandfather was a worker hollic and the only time I remember seeing him was when he was home working in his study . I remember watching him put the black lines onto a drawing showing the lead . He used to work very quickly , a bit like Rolf Harris ! He died when i was eight years old.
Regards Patrick.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand