No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unusual Scenic EAPG Celery Vase. ID = George Duncan & Sons  (Read 2546 times)

Offline kitchensink

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Midcentury glass, paperweights
    • US
Unusual Scenic EAPG Celery Vase. ID = George Duncan & Sons
« on: February 01, 2017, 08:42:59 PM »
Found this today and it was so unique I bought it and thought it would be easy to identify.  It's a 3 part mold with a ruffled rim 9 1/8" tall.   I am pretty sure it is an old EAPG  celery vase.  The pattern has a bird (egret?), vines, hanging flowers, bamboo, fans, and a zig zag section above the scene. The pattern repeats once around the glass.  It seems Eastern inspired, but it doesn't match the Japanese pattern

Thanks for any help.  I have been through every EAPG site and book I can find with no luck.

???
Kitchensink

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Can anyone ID this Unusual Scenic EAPG Celery Vase?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 07:31:37 AM »
Your pictures need to be much bigger; we can't blow them up to see detail. You have 125 kb per picture and the board makes the thumbnails

Offline kitchensink

• Members
    • US
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 03:50:47 PM »
Will try larger pics.  Having trouble resizing with my software.  I tried a new approach, thanks for the advice and looking at my post.
kitchensink

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 08:04:16 PM »
That works. Can't help with an ID though

Offline Sid

• Members
    • Canada
    • Glasfax
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 01:13:21 AM »
It is indeed EAPG - George Duncan & Sons' Japanese pattern which was introduced in 1880.

Sid

Offline kitchensink

• Members
    • US
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »
When I looked at the Japanese pattern, I thought it was that at first.   Then because I was looking at a different piece I was afraid that wasn't it.   Thanks so much for confirming it.  It looks great next to my aquarium pitcher.   I like the scenic EAPG patterns, so I am happy to have this one identified. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand