No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this stuff Murano to be kept or cute gifts for my girlfriends?  (Read 841 times)

Offline Huntress

• Members
I bought the following at an auction of items supposedly from a closing art gallery that carried Murano art glass pieces. I paid a price that even if they turned out not to be Murano they would still be a good deal, so the answer won't bother me. I really know knowing about Murano, other than they are Italian, moved out of Venice to some nearby islannds to protect the city from potential fires, and that they've been around since the 9th century. Other than that the only other thing I can say is that for the most part I have liked every piece I've seen that I have been told is Murano.

The first is a lamp, about 14.5 inches tall.

The second is a vase, about 7 inches tall. I have 5 of these, all different, except for three which are of the same color scheme thought different do to the individuality of the peices.

Any idea of authenticity and value would be very much appreciated. Also if you have any recommendations on books, websites or whatnot, please do share :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Huntress

• Members
Re: Is this stuff Murano to be kept or cute gifts for my girlfriends?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 12:21:27 AM »
Here's a photo of the entire group!

Thanks!
Diana

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand