No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with vaseline spiral decorated bowl please  (Read 907 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Help with vaseline spiral decorated bowl please
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:06:19 PM »
Any help please with this vaseline glass bowl, one of a pair I bought last week, I would have thought British made and Victorian, spiral decoration and a very frilly edging, very uneven made with the rim wider on one side than the other, the height differs by 0.5" or 1cm from one side to the other , very delicate and to have survived they must have been made or kept for decoration only as I am sure if they had been used they would not have lasted long, diameter 9" or 31cm, polished pontil, glow very brightly under UV light

thanks Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mrvaselineglass

• Author
  • Members
    • http://www.vaselineglass.org
Re: Help with vaseline spiral decorated bowl please
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »
Roy:  This is the underplate.  There was a matching bowl that fit inside this piece.  I have seen several differerent designs/shapes, but any one of these that I see with the horizontal brim, combined with a vertical inner wall, usually had a bowl that sat on top of it.  I don't know the maker(s), as I suspect several companies made them.

regards
Mr. Vaseline Glass
(Dave)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand