No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Decided My Choice Of Collecting. (Whitefriars)  (Read 7242 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Re: Decided My Choice Of Collecting. (Whitefriars)
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 11:10:48 PM »
Hi Can some tell me if this is Pewter colour, or indigo colour, when i photo it i keep getting different colours from a Grey to silver to blue to sometimes a bluey gray, if there is any such colour.

I have read on the net that indigo isn't technicaly a colour? doe's any one know please.
                                                                                                                    Steve

Offline alexander

• Members
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »
Not knowing anything about WF colors, I've always thought of Indigo as a blue and pewter (the metal) is  shades of grey (depending on level of corrosion).

Wiki's article on Indigo sugests that people will see indigo differently as it is hard to distinguish from violet.
Your vase seems similar to the color the wiki article gives as "indigo dye".

Wiki article.
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »
Hi alexander
                 You are the second to say indigo Emmi thought the same read the wiki article, so it look's like indigo then, had this come today, Knobbly streaky. smokey and brown looks great in the light.
                                                                              Cheers
                                                                              Steve

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2008, 06:02:07 PM »
Hi Steve there is a vase on Ebay at the moment posing as W/Fs it is a very nice Stevens And Williams rainbow vase but not W/Fs it is probably worth as much as if it were W/Fs ,the seller has ignored my opinion.  {sans prejudice}JP

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 03:39:48 AM »
Hi All
        Some more arrivals units getting full now will need more room soon  ;D Mrs G asking where will i put them all  :huh: easy every where >:D hope you like them.
                          Steve

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 06:41:31 AM »
Do what I do - cycle your glass according to your whims, picking out just 10-20 pieces each time and putting the rest into easy-access stoage - means you can fully appreciate your collection instead of it becoming just a mass of glass you can no longer really see because there's so much of it.  ;D

Lots of very very nice glass you have there, by the way.

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »
Hi Nic
        Think i will get some new units first then once full store and bring out now and then, and thank you for the nice comment.

While i am answering Anne would this label be any good for the label ref if so do please use, only remembered i took it just as i was tidying up my photo files.if you need closer one will do one no worry's
              Cheers
                      Steve

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »
Hi All.
        I have been collecting quite a few WF's over the past month so thought i would share with you, if that's not minded.

But they can all be seen better at http://www.glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/ should you wish to look at them in more detail. am still collecting quite a few per week and i thank all members for their help with my glass collecting addiction  ;D
                                                                                                                        Cheers
                                                                                                                        Steve

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 06:08:24 PM »
Direct link to the gallery: http://www.glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/thumbnails.php?album=669

Looking good there, Steve - some really nice pieces. I'm envious!  :mrgreen:

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »
Steve what a fabulous display  :)  they look beautiful.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand