No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 2 Galle' vases Would someone date and value these 2 vases PLEASE? Thanks!  (Read 5006 times)

Offline krsilber

• Members
That's interesting that they did cutting/polishing inside.  I never knew that was a common technique in cameo.  Was it done by many firms?

Beautiful pieces!  I especially like the lamp base.  How I'd love to have something like that, even if only for a little while.
Kristi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

- Albert Einstein

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Chervenka describes and illustrates how grinding out the design from inside the vase brightens the colours and is a good test for a repro or fake. It is worth by the book for the info and pictures. Just $25 new. ISBN 0 87349 236 6

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline krsilber

• Members
I found it on Amazon for $0.98 New -
ISBN-10: 0873494369
ISBN-13: 978-0873494366  (Is this right?)
What do the different ISBNs mean?

I'm grabbing a copy, sounds like it's worth the price at least!  Thanks for suggesting it.

...EDIT:  Whoops, different book.  That was the right ISPN. 
Kristi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
All you never wanted to know about ISBN numbers here

Offline krsilber

• Members
Thanks, Christine!  Sometimes my questions just slip out before I realize that I can just as easily look it up myself, rather than trouble others to do it!  Wikipedia has its faults, but in general it's a pretty phenomenal resource.
Kristi

- Albert Einstein

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
At least by asking you will get told of Wikipedia is wrong. A differing number would be a different printing/edition.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand