No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaarde piggy?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaarde piggy?
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 01:24:19 PM »
No, these will be a plain design - likely called 'London' because that's where they were first exhibited, as was often the way with Holmegaard design titles.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaarde piggy?
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 05:10:42 PM »
My own theory (as yet unproven) is that they pop up in the UK so frequently and in many different (and generally non-Holmegaard) colours because production of some of them was outsourced to a UK company at some point in the 1960s/70s, much as they did with Cascade Glass for the 'Gulvvase'...

I should probably keep my mouth shut in public forums when broadly speculating - I've just spotted an eBay auction for a Cascade moneybox that mentions in the text that Cascade also made moneyboxes for Holmegaard - clearly an idea taken from here and presented as fact. Incredibly frustrating!

Trouble is, speculative posts sometimes do lead to interesting places - after all, it was mention of Gulvvases with Cascade labels on here by Adam P that lead me to hunt out their background. But is it worth it if they (the ideas) are just going to get twisted out of context in the meanwhile?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand