No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dartington, Frank Thrower?? Or Ravenhead Flair Lotus, or Lasisepat?  (Read 30075 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Dartington, Frank Thrower??
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
I've emailed the seller to ask if there is any id on the box as to where the vase was made.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 03:29:23 PM »
The seller has very kindly replied.  The seller says there is no question of identity, this one says on the box Made in England   The  Ravenhead Company Ltd Pyrene House Sunbury.
Curioser and curiouser.  I guess that doesn't exactly mean Ravenhead made it although I assume they did, but it definitely means it was Made in England.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »
Gosh, we didn't live far from there,  it was Chubb Security and Fire Extinguishers when I remembered seeing it.  
I wonder if it was just used for Company Addresses?? I always thought they were in Lancashire??  My box of Ravenhead Flair vases....same box, but the shorter version of the 'cactus vase' says,  the Ravenhead Company Ltd. St Helen's England. 
The thick plottens!! 
What happened to Lasisepat, Mantsala Sweden?
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2011, 03:46:09 PM »
sorry Rosie, no time to look at the moment, however px I know has posted a detailed information on Lasisepat Mantsala on another thread which I will find and link to this one later.
m

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »
Hello m,  I didn't mean it like that,  I meant I thought we had got all this wrapped up that the 'cactus vases' were DEFINATELY made in Finland  (I think I said Sweden, but that was an error!! Sorry) , by Lasisepat Glassworks in Mantsala?????????????????  
Now it looks as though they are Ravenhead Glass, from St Helens. Lancs.  It somehow doesn't sound so romantic now, and I've got dozens of them!!!!!!  :help:
Rosie.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,7042.msg62049.html#msg62049
small labelled one from Robbo, labelled Lasisepat.  I'm pretty sure that label can't have just been stuck on  can it?  who would relabel something with what is quite an obscure glass company by comparison to the big known ones.
m

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »
Oh m, you are clever,  :clap: that is the thread I have been looking for for days!!  :thud:

I have taken some pictures of my bowls and I think we should ask the mods to amalgamate these threads, or maybe I will post my bowls on that thread and add the eBay listing info as well......it looks as though they were Ravenhead all the time, and you know I don't trust labels.....never had....did you see my last reply to the IOW polar bear thread?
Rosie.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »
And what about this one......... :usd:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280647278750
Rosie.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2011, 08:37:23 PM »
Rosie, I think that label is genuine on the link I gave.  I'll try and find some further evidence again to link Lasisepat and these vases and bowls.  I think they must have been produced by both companies.  Or produced under license here maybe.
With reference the small bowl you have linked to on ebay, it is being sold in Washington USA.  Yes glass travels, but a Ravenhead vase turning up in Washington?  I think it is more likely to be a Lasisepat export than a Ravenhead one....but stranger things have happened.
m

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2011, 04:13:21 AM »
Yes, m, I am quite sure Ravenhead did not export them  in Finland either! :) Like in the thread on Designlasi's page (which is linked somewhere here) someone says these cactus type bowl are found all over here. I have ref pictures with labels.

There are now many designs/sizes discussed.
Cactus: lowest more like a star shaped and you could call them bowls, then a middle size with distinctively upwards protruding points of the kind there are in the highest, which is definitely not a votive but a vase ( Ravenhead box)

The other discussed models are two:
the upper of the messages with 2 pictures in this thread is more like a Flower and it is definitely sold here in Finland all over with LasiSepät sticker and in different colours.

Then the other: the one with a hay (or tree) pattern, which has been found with molded Italy, Made in Denmark-boxes and HUMPPILA sticker (not LasiSepät)  In this pattern I have ref pictures in different models, larger bowls and plates too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand