No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Wow - One Giant Murano horse...  (Read 5935 times)

Offline shandiane78

• Members
Re: Wow - One Giant Murano horse...
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 04:40:14 PM »
That's amazing and GORGEOUS!
Shannon

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »
That's amazing and GORGEOUS!

Hi shandiane -
You must have liked the *Giant Sized Clown* in that one link too.  You need one for your living room, I think. ;) So make sure you put that on your Xmas list.  I sure would...

As for the *Giant Horse*, one of the links says the SIZE of it is 3m X 4m.  No wonder it needs metal supports.  I would not even want to SNEEZE around it...
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »
Personally I'm not one for giant glass horses or clowns but it's an impressive piece Rose and I can certainly understand the attraction for many.  However, following your Photobucket link I found the following glass sculpture - *this* is WOW to me (in fact it reminds me of my hair circa 1980) ...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/murano%20glass/kszucs/Venice/VeniceMarch15-16070.jpg?o=135

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 11:06:27 PM »
Thought I would post a picture of my 10" Signoretto horse. The horse recently sold. The buyer was very happy, since Signoretto is hard to find at reasonable prices. I hope it was the horse's last trip in the mail.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 09:54:50 PM »
This horse has a long story...
The design was made by a famous venetian painter, De Luigi, than it was realized by Pino Signoretto under the DeLuigi artistic direction.
The production had several troubles: the horse is made by several pieces in some way attached and glued toghether, but this process doesn't success very well at the beginning, but Singoretto is really the master for heavy glassworks.
At the end Signoretto wanted to have the piece atributed to himself as a "singoretto" artwork.
But also DeLuigi wanted to "sign" the piece and they had a kind of trial on this issue...
Now I don't remeber how it finished the story  :P... , but I will look for some info and I will write the end soon...

Anyway the size is incredible, pratically a real big horse...

Ciao

Alex
www.artofvenice.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand