No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: T. Yamamoto ID = Hoya Crystal, Japan  (Read 54390 times)

Offline krsilber

• Members
Re: T. Yamamoto ID = Hoya Crystal, Japan
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 04:05:12 AM »
Looks like a Cattleya orchid.  What kind of size difference are you talking?  Pressed things can vary a bit in size.

http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Shopping/flower-facts/Cattleya-Orchid-flowers-14
Kristi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 09:13:11 AM »
Hi Kristi we meet again on the Hoya/Yamamoto trail!! Your right it is a Cattleya Orchid

Hi Otis,  have a look further back in this link we did way back in 08......can't believe I have been on this trail for so long!!

There is a reference to a letter O wrote to them and their answer....you could contact them to tell you which month the Orchid represented I thought it was November....good luck.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline HandyANDY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • crystal cut glass high glaze
    • atlanta
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2020, 02:44:40 PM »
Love this series of plates.  I bought a set of 6 recently with the Daffodils on them.  Gorgeous stuff.  Hoya Crystal has an interesting history - Alice Cappell, an ex Steuden executive brought the Hoya line to the US in 1985 and helped develop their crystal line over the 10 years that she was with them.  Hoya shut down the crystal line in 2009.  Happy hunting

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand