No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vasart Clog?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline zidori

• Members
Vasart Clog?
« on: November 02, 2008, 02:16:35 PM »
I came across this in a job lot at our local auction house yesterday? ( 7 inches long) Is this a Vasart clog as shown on Frank's website http://www.ysartglass.com/Vascat/VasD001_009.htm
Frank - if you read this, do you want pics of this one and if so, please let me know which views/angles etc...

Regards
Ronnie

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Vasart Clog?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 03:05:38 PM »
Yep, that is good, pics always appreciated thank you - a profile and any other views that show its shape well.

Offline zidori

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 03:18:48 PM »
Thanks, Frank.

Ronnie

Offline RAY

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
is that the one thats just been on ebay
cheers Ray

Offline zidori

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
Hi Ray
I have no idea if it has been on Ebay - I bought it as part of a job lot of odd glass at my local auction room on Saturday morning along with a vase I have listed on the Glass Forum, some Orrefors miniatures, some crystal decanters and some awful rubbish. No one seemed to have cottoned on to it at the auction despite there being 3 people fighting over Vasart and Monart vases. I do not think this could be the same one. When was there one on Ebay as I haven't been checking it for a while?

Regards
Ronnie

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 11:20:03 AM »
No, I have a set of images of the eBay one already... it will just be a while until I can access my computer and start uploading again.

I think this would be the 8th to surface... no doubts many more to be discovered.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand