No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Looking for Glass artists.  (Read 957 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Looking for Glass artists.
« on: December 13, 2008, 03:02:31 PM »
 :thup:

Hi everybody. I hope this is the right forum to put this request.

Michael took me down town on my birthday last week, and we popped into a new Art Gallery, which completely bowled us over. It has recently been set up by an amazing local painter, Nael Hanna, whose work I'm sure several of you may already be familiar with. The quality of the work in this gallery is just stunning - not in any way to deride any other local galleries, but Nael's has something extra special and he has an unbelievable enthusiasm for wanting to promote art and artists in this area, as you can see from his "Mission Statement".

www.hannasgallery.co.uk

We got chatting, (as you do) and they are very interested in exhibiting Art Glass but, while they would love to be concentrating on local artists, many are already exhibited in other galleries, and they don't really want to go "poaching". Also as Art Glass is not yet "mainstream", they do not yet have a great deal of experience of it, or know where to find glass artists, to see their work.

Obviously, this was a chance for me to get really over-excited!

Yesterday, I went there again, armed with a few pieces of contemporary work, to give them a taste of work "in vitro", and lent them my "library" of Art Glass Books, for some information, all of which which has only served to enthuse them even more.
(I took Adam's "Thames Midnight"  :thup: with me to show them. Images are one thing, but handling and seeing glass in reality is, as we all know, quite different.)

I believe they had already been in contact with AdamA and Zest, I have given them the exhibitor listing from The Art Glass Fair, and Simon Bruntnell's calendar from last year which has the contact information for the various artists whose work is depicted. I have also directed them to Frank's "Scotland's Glass" site.

I'm posting to ask for help in coming up with any names of artists I might not yet be familar with, who might be interested in exhibiting and selling up here, where we are proud to be home to the prestigeous Duncan of Jordanstone Art School, University of Dundee.

Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
Re: Looking for Glass artists.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Sue
They should contact Anne Tye at Cohesion a project funded by the Arts Council, Sunderland and EU
http://www.cohesionglassnetwork.org/
Pete

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand