Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > France

Saint Gobain

<< < (2/3) > >>

Glen:
Marcus, I don't want to waste your time. If you and Ivo feel that there is no chance of them knowing what they did in the past, then I really, truly do not want to waste your precious time.

I am so very grateful to you for responding in this thread.

Thanks again.
Glen

Sklounion:
Hi Glen,
The enquiry has now been passed to the company historian.... and have been promised a response shortly.
Regards,
Marcus

Anonymous:
Hi Glen,
Have been sent three files by S-G. Will check these out for you. Would you please be so kind as to forward and image of the vases concerned, so that I may try to progress this further on your behalf?
TIA,
Marcus

Sklounion:
Dooooohhhhhh..... two out of three postings anonymously.... How bad is that????
Sorry,
Marcus

Sklounion:
Courtesy of M. Jacques Durand's secretary:

--- Quote ---Nous avons retrouvé un historique de la Chapelle paru dans Le Groupe d'histoire locale La Chapelle Saint-Mesmin, mars 1988. Les établissements Dessaux possédaient une distillerie à La Chapelle Saint-Mesmin qui fut transformée partiellement en 1927 en verrerie. En 1930, la société des parfums Coty acquiert la verrerie et constitue la Société des Verreries de La Chapelle Saint-Mesmin, rachetée par Saint-Gobain en 1934. La parfumerie Coty restera cliente de Saint-Gobain qui continue à fabriquer les emballages de parfumerie.
--- End quote ---

We have found a history of La Chapelle, which came from the local history group of La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin, in 1988.  The company Dessaux owned a distilerry, which was partially converted to a glass factory in 1927. In 1930, Coty acquired the glass-works, and formed "La Societe des Verreries da La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin" which was purchased by Saint-Gobain, in 1934. Coty remained a major client.

I would like to thank Mme Nathalie Duarte, Saint-Gobain's Archivist, for her work in making the information available to us.

regards,

Marcus

Edit in blue

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version