No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: small bulb vase?? - ID = Whitefriars Pat. 9471  (Read 5504 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: small bulb vase??
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:  :)

Offline Patricia

• Author
  • Members
    • The Curious History of the Bulb Vase
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 10:03:12 AM »
Sorry Paul, these pictures were meant for you of course but I'm so used to discuss bulb vases with Andy that I made a little mistake.
No doubt Andy will enjoy them as well.
Thanks Christine, every time we set up bulbs it's a surprise for us well what comes out of it!

Patricia
Patricia
► The Curious History of the Bulb Vase ◄
 A new book by Patricia Coccoris

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 01:13:52 PM »
christine - I wud not have offended you deliberately -  I have enjoyed immensely our few exchanges on the GMB, and as you obviously know shed loads more about glass than me, then I apologise for my rather sharp - and sometimes slightly caustic sense of humour.   Apparently people who meet me often don't know if I am joking or not.
I look forward to many more of your helpful answers to my glass queries.   Hope we are still friends. :kissy:
I though for a moment Christine you were suggesting that Patricia looked better upside down ;)
thanks to Patricia for the pics of bulbs and flowers  -  very educational to see the vase sizes and length of root systems.    I seem to remember from my own days when I took some interest in propogation and gardening etc., that bulbs are either geo-tropic or photo-tropic   i.e. whatever position you try to grow them in relation to light or the ground  -  they will always be influenced by their natural tendencies,  cud this be the reason why Patricia had a high failure rate with the upside down ones recently.
I don't speak as an expert in anything - I've given up  -  its too wearing.          Actually, I've almost forgotten how this thread started out  -  we have deviated so much!
cheers        Paul S.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 01:36:21 PM »
Apology accepted  :)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 06:35:50 PM »
Christine  -  I scoured the garden  -  having seen violets in recent days, but guess the slugs must have eaten them all, but one.     Have added some primulas (almost primroses) and added the one violet  -  so I hope these remind you of the wonderful gifts from your father.         cheers      Paul S.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 09:00:23 PM »
Thank you  :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum