No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Salvador Ysart concentric  (Read 1114 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
Salvador Ysart concentric
« on: April 11, 2009, 02:51:51 PM »

I would happily believe that this weight was made by Salvador, but the advert suggests it might have been made by Paul. Does anyone know whether he used these canes?

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mjr

• Members
Re: Salvador Ysart concentric
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:03:12 PM »
Im with you alan.  Quite happy to go for a Salavator.  No way Paul.   The other weight that this seller has which he also says is Salvator is a little bit to Vasartish - as we know vasart weights have similar canes to the nes salvatore used.
Martin

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline cfosterk

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 11:07:14 PM »
nice concentric but isn't that asking price very steep for a straightforward weight??

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 11:20:59 PM »
I have sent the following to the seller:
Could you please say why you think this (and the other paperweight attributed to Salvador Ysart) would be fromn the 1930s. I am always interested to learn of any information that could help to prove any paperweights made by Salvador Ysart in the pre-way years.

I currently believe it is more likely that this and the other paperweight were made in the Ysart Brothers period of 1946 to 1955. Possibly by Salvador but perhaps by any other of the workers in those years.

I am thinking of producing a couple of articles for the PCC Newsletter (and maybe a later extended version in my web page, if the photos end up in the 100s rather than just a couple of dozen) based on an analysis of canes from several weights that have a good number of so-called "Salvador" canes.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 07:52:48 AM »
Hi Kev

Looking forward to the articles!

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand