No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Miroslav Klinger? Czech?  (Read 1283 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Miroslav Klinger? Czech?
« on: May 24, 2009, 04:00:51 PM »
Hi
I've had this small vase for some time and it's been sitting in a box a little unloved I'm afraid but last evening I took another look at it and realised that it is actually rather nice and so it has been promoted to a windowsill!.
I think that it may be Bohemian and possibly by Miloslav Klinger. I noticed a similar shaped vase on Ebay recently which carried the almost obligatory part title Whitefriars?. I know that although obviously not being Whitefriars the little vase fetched a reasonable mid teen price for it's seller. I have seen similar shaped vases in my super Hi Sklo Lo Sklo book by Mark Hill but not exactly the same. The vase is about 4" tall, colour is blue with some nice turquoise undertones. Does anyone recognise it please?.
Thanks,
Bryn

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Miroslav Klinger? Czech?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »
Hi,
this piece is Czech, but I would rather guess that it is Karlovarske sklo (follower of Mstisov) - colour modification of "Romana" vase designed by Dana Machovska.
Jindrich

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 10:06:22 PM »
Thanks Jindrich,
Is there a web site where i may view some examples of Dana Machofska's work please?

Bryn

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:09:32 PM »
That , of course, should read Machovska :spls:. Sorry Jindrich.
Bryn

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 09:43:51 AM »
Bryn,
I am sorry,  I do not know about the www giving adequate information for you. It feel it rather like task for me to build such once  :)
The Romana vase shape  you can see at page 53 of Mark's Hill  "Sklo" book. Colours are different but the shape almost same. I will work on confirmation of attribution based on data not feelings.....
Jindrich

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 06:53:24 PM »
Thanks Jindrich,
Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been waiting the return of my Hi Sklo book which has been out on loan. The book has been returned now and I can see what you mean with regard to the Machovska vase which is also featured on the back cover. I think I should have included a side on photo which will show that my vase is very bulbous around the middle, so here it is from that angle.
Bryn

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »
Hi Bryn,
I see, Machovska piece is rather flat. Well, for the moment I cannot find the adequate pattern, but I wil keep it in mind.
Once we will get it!

Jindrich

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand