No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can you identify this Ruby glass cased vase?  (Read 1991 times)

Offline hoebywan

• Members
Re: Can you identify this Ruby glass cased vase?
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »
Thanks for your insight Anne. I have been looking at Chinese pieces over the last couple of days, finding anything I can on the internet. Can't say out of the thousands of pieces I have now looked at I have seen anything related to this. Saw many that could be mistaken for Murano, some looked Czech, some Swedish but nothing with this depth, thickness and flowing lines. I will keep looking because I am interested to find its origins. Of course places like China churn out an amazing array of designs so I am sure you are all right. The fact though that I have never seen another piece quite like this outside of Whitefriars means at least for the mean time I can feel like I have something beautiful and unique. I am very glad I joined this forum and I hope that it continues to enhance my pleasure of glass collecting as much as little finds like this does!

Cheers guys.

David :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand