No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: If not Mdina then what???? ID = Malta Decorative Glass  (Read 3739 times)

Offline keith

• Members
If not Mdina then what???? ID = Malta Decorative Glass
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:36:07 PM »
Thought this was Mdina but after posting a picture of it in reference to another piece of glass I was informed that(which I can now see) the base is not 'right' so,any ideas please,heavy and 9.5 ins tall,it is only a little darker than the photo came out,Keith.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: If not Mdina then what????
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:30:33 PM »
Just scrolling through the un id'd  - has this been id'd as Malta Decorative Glass Keith?  I thought I remembered there had been some discussion about it on another thread perhaps.
m

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »
I think it was id'd as Mdina,I can never find old posts,I'll have another look ;D

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »
Not Mdina but very likely Malta Decorative Glass Keith, you may have tacked it onto another thread (can't find it at the moment).

John

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 09:02:39 AM »
I was just looking at this again this morning and wondered about the pontil mark being ground but not polished.  However I then found this post which does show a piece of Malta Decorative Glass with a similar pontil mark.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,42409.msg235656.html#msg235656

m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 10:23:38 AM »
Definitely Malta Decorative Glass; the brown and the pontil mark (though these vary), everything are spot on.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »
You posted this a long time ago Keith, and I'm sure we told you it was Mdina - but then the story about MDG started emerging, making itself known to us (me, John, Christine, Suzy).

I'm sure I did tell you somewhere , in some other thread, Keith, that this bottle was MDG. We were all watching this suspected MDG stuff, waiting for more bits of the jigsaw to emerge.
 :thup:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 11:28:19 AM »
ah... now Sue has said this, I've a feeling it was said in the *how do you display your glass* thread  :)  - but I've no idea what page number  ;D  :o
m

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 05:03:25 PM »
Sorry,must be more organised :pb: :pb:

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 05:50:32 PM »
I'm sure m's right, it was that thread - but I should have made it clearer, Keith, shouted a bit louder, rather than just passing a comment along the way! Actually, I should have written to you personally. I did mean to.
 :-[
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand