No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Boda Hoglund fish design small bowl / dish  (Read 2536 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Boda Hoglund fish design small bowl / dish
« on: October 12, 2009, 11:56:12 AM »
Hi all, i think ive gone Hoglund mad..here is the "other piece" i bought yesterday (although the first turned out to be Ole Winther not Hoglund), now im pretty sure this one is a hoglund. Its a paperweight with a fish design inside the well, ive had a couple of these paperweighs before (http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,27204.15.html) but they were not signed this one is signed but is really badly scratched. The piece is filthy and i havent had a chance to give it a clean yet.
can anybody give me an idea of a date on this piece
I believe the lettering is KB __H  1288, unfortunitly it appears to have been signed on the highest point right where all the pressure would have been and the worst of the surface wear.
10cms x 4.5cms, 2.5cms high
many thanks
michelle

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Hoglund fish paperweight
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 11:54:25 AM »
Recently picked up one of these small relief moulded dishes, this one has much clearer engraved marks to the base.

I'm struggling to decipher the first two characters, however the last part clearly reads 'H / 2 88'

If anyone has any thoughts on these or are able to confirm if they are indeed by Eric Hoglund I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,
Greg

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 01:23:51 PM »
That would be Boda, the o and a is often little more than a dot. Yes, designed by Erik Hoglund.

John

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 01:28:34 PM »
Having looked around at a quite a few signed pieces, came across this Hoglund Sculpture, with a similar engraved mark, the item also has a Boda Hoglund paper label.

http://media.modernistglass.com/glassimgs/largeimage/529-2.jpg

Originally I thought the first part of the engraved mark contained 2 characters with a dot after each character. However, having looked at the engraved mark in the above link, I'm fairly sure mine is just a very loose engraving of the word 'Boda' with the 'o' and the 'a' being particularly small. The signing convention for the rest of the engraving also makes sense in relation to Hoglund. So I think my piece actually reads: 'Boda H1288'

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 01:29:57 PM »
Thank you John, just finished typing as you posted, thought I might as well post, got there in the end! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand