No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Show and Tell, LC Tiffany piece :)  (Read 3153 times)

Offline scimiman

• Members
Re: Show and Tell, LC Tiffany piece :)
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 05:36:54 PM »
Fantastic Always nice to have a rarebit :hiclp: :hiclp: :rah: :rah: :chky: :chky: :dance: :band: :cheers:

Well done time for a party, Will you send some air tickets over? Club Class of course.

Regards Mike

If you sell dont forget to let us know how much you get for it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »
 :huh:

Ummm, which website is "that"?
The link you gave? I couldn't see buyers or any "talk" there.
(But I do want to know who made the panther pot and the bee pot on his home page.)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline eglass

• Members
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »
Mike, will do! :) I will report back with any sales news, for sure!

Sue, I was referring to eBay. In the past when listing something pretty nice there, I get tons of very low-ball offers, it's pretty disheartening.

On the www.chasenantiques.com site, that is just the appraiser's business website. Up at the top there are several links - one is to his "blog". That's where he documents his trips to sales, events, etc.  I don't think there are any comments on his own sales there, but I haven't gone through the whole site yet.

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 09:34:25 PM »
Very nice find "K" & I think you are wise to keep it for awhile & enjoy it mostly due to the fact that the  buyers segment you are targeting are extremely picky. Ken

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 08:49:28 AM »
 :-[
I thought you were referring to some fancy tiffany collectors' site, sorry!
Could you not include a statement on your listings telling potential buyers not to send insulting low-ball offers (perhaps not in those words exactly!) as they won't be considered?
As a buyer of the odd thing, I get frustrated when something really interesting or unusual disappears early for a price I'd have topped by a good margin.

I have to confess to diving in once and making a (very good - condsiderably more than the items had sold for previously) offer to end an auction early - I was just getting so sick of bits vanishing.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 08:58:10 AM »
Re the low offer makers, I often say to them "make me an offer I can't refuse". You tend not to hear from them again, they are trying to get the item cheaply, hoping you do not have a good idea of the value.

John

Offline eglass

• Members
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2010, 11:58:19 AM »
Sue, when I list an item for auction, I don't ever stop the auction early, unless I've made a mistake in the description. I let it run its full course, it's just not fair to all those who have been watching and are looking forward to bidding at the very end.

John, you're right. There's just a certain number of people who have no manners, lol - regardless of the fact that I rarely use the "or Best Offer" feature, they feel compelled to email with their "Will you take $10?" pleas. It's okay, all part of this business. I just wish the economy would turn around for all of us!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand