No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: London Glass Paperweight. Any ideas?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Hourglass

• Members
London Glass Paperweight. Any ideas?
« on: October 27, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »
I recently acquired this paperweight and would like help in identifying it. A relatively modern weight I am thinking but would appreciate any information. It is almost 3" across and is spherical. The round paper label is printed with ' Handmade in London by glass artists using traditional skills'. The first picture showing the weight and the second picture showing a close view of the bottom with what I hope will be an identifiable engraved marking.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
Re: London Glass Paperweight. Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »
The signature reads ANSCCR09UK.

ANSCCR is a sous-marque of my studio and there is a little visual pun, in that the the 0 of the 09 doubles as an O so it is read as ANSCCRO and pronounced thus. The 09 is for 2009 and the addition of UK is dedicated to all those people who might think at some time in the future that it was imported. When you are signing a batch of paperweights an extra two characters does add a  considerable amount of time, for which there is no extra reward, except the good feeling that comes from knowing that it is less likely to be misattributed in the future!

This was from a series of very affordable paperweights that are all unique and quite different from each other.

I do hope you enjoy and treasure it.

:)
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Hourglass

• Members
Re: London Glass Paperweight. Any ideas?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »
Thanks for the information, no wonder It was undecipherable, to me anyway. So it is still warm being produced only recently then. A very nice weight, that's why I purchased it and I most certainly will enjoy and treasure it. I am attempting to collect a small cross-section of weights from different makers and studios but I think the collection will not remain small for long! I will no doubt be asking more questions on identification of marked pieces as and when which, as well as reading the books and reading the posts, should help me learn and educate me in this field of collecting which is truly a minefield.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand