No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemian? Enameled Vase  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Bohemian? Enameled Vase
« on: October 28, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »
Am looking for confirmation that this is in all likelyhood Bohemian & maybe for what type of flowers these might be. 13" height, 4" top diameter, cased, dense iridescent interior, a few pieces of what appears to be soot trapped in glass, thick enameling, pontil resembles a cut & shut type I normally see in American EAPG stuff. Appreciate the feedback. Ken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
Re: Bohemian? Enameled Vase
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 11:51:58 PM »
I'd go with daisies or bachelor's buttons. I will stand corrected as necessary  :24:

Carolyn

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:34:16 AM »
Aventurine glass,enamelled Rindskopf?,just thought I'd stick my neck out,again,how many minutes before execution?Ivo?

Offline azelismia

• Members
    • The Gilded Curio; a personal collection
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:11:13 AM »
it is aventurine. probably not rindskopf. As far as who did make it. that's hard to say. Even items that are clearly pictured in teh passau museum are up for debate. from the decoration on this I really couldn't say who made it. It could be Bohemian, but it could also be French. I've read that practically every glass maker made some type of Aventurine.  I collect aventurine glass. if you plan on selling this do let me know. thanks!

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 07:20:20 AM »
Green aventurine was used a lot by Legras and the marguéritte is a favoutite French floral theme, so that could be a pointer. On the other hand, the largest producer of green aventurine was the Reichenbach Glashütte in Oberlausitz, Germany http://www.farbglas.de/firma.html so who knows?

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 03:41:06 AM »
Thanks to everyone for their comments. I guess it could be from any number of manufacturers & I realize not everything is able to be specifically attributed, however the information was educational for me.  Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand