No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: good glass hunt today.. sorry for showing off but im chuffed to bits  (Read 1103 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
hi all
ive had a great days bargain hunt today, nipped into newmarket this morning as i do must tues (i have to post my timesheet but always forget so end up having to hand deliver it.. well thats my excuse)
picked up..
 a baccarat crystal mustard pot with spoon for £5
A signed B vallien kosta boda rainbow vase for £1
a pretty glass mushroom maybe wedgwood or langaham for £1
and to top it off a gorgeous Nanny Still's Flindari, made by Riihimäen Lasi Oy, designed 1964 (many thanks again TWave for the ID) FOR JUST £8
OOOOOOHHH im chuffed, here is a picture of my gorgeous finds..
my little boy says i must not forget to tell you i got him a brand new hat for 50p and a brand new pair of wellies for £1 too so we are all as happy as larry and singing and dancing in the kitchen :chky: :chky: :chky: :24:
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: good glass hunt today.. sorry for showing off but im chuffed to bits
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:08:28 PM »
Great finds Michelle, well done! Although I think the wellies for your little lad are going to be the most useful given the current weather!!!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »
haha well he has already spent this evening in the hat and boots, im waiting for him to ask if he can have them in bed with him tonight lol..

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 10:38:51 PM »
Of all those pieces, at the time of manufacture and original retail, the Baccarat mustard pot, lid and spoon was probably the most expensive.
We could never sell them back in the 70's because they were too highly priced - something like £87.50 if I remember correctly! We used to retail Baccarat and only ever bought one of those. In fact I'm not even sure whether we ever managed to sell the only one we bought, although I can't remember what happened to it. A good example of something really superb at the wrong price.
Probably has no bearing on the values now, though, but a definite bargain at £5!
 :)
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand