No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: numbered & stickered heavy cased vase, - ID = Ingrid Glas  (Read 3513 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
numbered & stickered heavy cased vase, - ID = Ingrid Glas
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »
Hi all this one has been driving me mad for a couple of days, i know ive seen it somewhere but just cant find where it is, i keep thinking its Riihimaki but i just cant see it anywhere, ive checked the books twice over and been through some websites
Ok it stands at 20.5cms tall, the inner colour is grey which gets lighter towards the base its then heavily cased in clear glass. The base is flat and well polished as is the top, it has a moulded pattern which looks a bit like big worms but nicer ;)
The base has been numbered and possible an initial although im not to sure it looks like  JG 3085 although more like a backwards C and a 6??
Please put me out of my misery...where did i see it?? who is it by?
many thanks
michelle

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: numbered & stickered heavy cased vase, scandi?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 02:43:02 PM »
opps forgot the rest of the pictures

Offline dirk.

• Members
Re: numbered & stickered heavy cased vase, scandi?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »
Hi Michelle,
IG stands for IngridGlas. It´s from their ´Exquisit´ range - presumely 60´s or 70´s,
perhaps someone will know more precisely...
There are quite some different shapes of this vases with the same decoration; 3085 should be
kind of serial number for this shape I suppose.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: numbered & stickered heavy cased vase, - ID = Ingrid Glas
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 01:32:29 PM »
thanks for that dirk, i think i paid too much for it never mind cant win them all... didnt quite break the bank at £20 though ;D
michelle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand