No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID for small blue bowl. - ID = Henry Greener  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
ID for small blue bowl. - ID = Henry Greener
« on: November 20, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »
Hello

Any ideas re manufacturer and year appreciated.  Two and a half inches tall and five inches end to end.

Thanks,
Emma.
Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Re: ID for small blue bowl. Poss Victorian.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »
I would say it looks very much like Henry Greener , c1890, I am not near any of my books at present, I think it is more often seen in blue pearline

Roy

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »
I would say it looks very much like Henry Greener , c1890, I am not near any of my books at present, I think it is more often seen in blue pearline

Roy

Oh well that will please my rather sickly other half.  Thank you very much for replying Roy!  We would very much appreciate it if you do manage to find a more certain ID, all in good time of course. 

Emma.
Stuart & Emma Taylor.

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 11:15:15 PM »
Emma I have just been through old pictures on my photobucket and would confirm Henry Greener c1890/1900, they are quite common in blue pearline

Roy

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 10:54:21 AM »
We had seen Davidson's versions of those before but not Greener's, so that's very interesting. 

Great to have a positive ID - thanks very much, Roy.  £1.50 from local charity shop cannot be bad either!

Emma.
Stuart & Emma Taylor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand