No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano or not? Alabastro bird  (Read 6070 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Murano or not? Alabastro bird
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 01:59:13 PM »
It's not pate de verre.  ;D
The base looks like the bases of some Czech sculptures, but they tend to have more comical things on top, not elegant birds.
The bird does not look Czech to me. I'm stumped. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Murano or not? Alabastro bird
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 11:26:09 PM »
Been a while, so hoping someone out there might help identify, I have seen an Elio Raffaeli bird which has a similarity it is in the murano zoo  https://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/birds-reptiles-2/birds-9/Elio%20Raffaeli%20Bird%20Thomas%20Wilson.jpg?attredirects=0
Just looked it up as I had not heard of the method. It is basically glass casting so not sure where that takes you if they are cast and then worked. I don't collect animals so not sure how they are made.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand